Thursday, February 17, 2011

Raw Food Challenge Day #2: Gazpacho!

Well Day #2 wasn't too bad. I'm thinking that some of my headaches are coming from my glasses that are a bit tight at the sides of my head. I guess that is one of the downfalls of having a super round face - it is very wide (thanks mum and dad) and can be quite difficult to find glasses that suit and fit! I should start using my sleep-in contacts again (I think there is an official name for them, but you pretty much insert the hard discs in like normal contacts just before you go to bed and then take them out first thing in the morning and you can see during the day without glasses or contacts!).

I'm really surprised that it is going quite easily for me. I admit that my will power is not the best, though I'm aware that it is a muscle that can be exercised and strengthened. Sure there are hard moments. There was about 5 minutes today when I could have killed for a bowl of some meat infused broth. It is a little tricky when The Man is eating normally and the smell of toast and meat come wafting over (and then the show My Kitchen Rules was on TV showcasing yummy food...I found the remote control very quickly).

There is something awesome going on that I can't even find the words to describe. I feel smoothe and light. Like things are flowing easier. It's only the end of Day #2 so can it be the food already?

Today I Had:
Juice: beetroot, carrot, celery and apple
Breakfast: Muesli, almond milk and strawberries
Lunch: leftovers from yesterday! Zucchini, Carrot, tomato, basil pesto
Dinner: Gazpacho - cold tomato/capsicum/cucumber/garlic soup - think Virgin Mary (Bloody Mary without the vodka!)
Snacks: raw nuts (brazil, walnut, hazelnut, peanut and almond), cherry tomatoes, blueberries, apple, plum
Drinks: water, peppermint tea


I love Gazpacho. Dad has made it throughout our lives, but it didn't click to me that it is Raw Food! This realisation dawned on me as I was running some errands and contemplating what was for dinner that evening. I didn't think I could stomach something similar to Lunch and BFF C hadn't let me know yet. So I made an executive decision, stopped off at the health food store and picked up the ingredients along with a few prepped raw food snacks. It totally hit the spot and I can't wait to make it again.

I'll start taking some photos of the meals we're eating if you're interested.

Make it as you wish SSSs!
Arienne xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...