Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Raw Food Day #1: Minor Hiccups

I didn't sleep very well last night...I think the idea of getting up at 5am to do a whole lot of things disturbed my sleep. But it is also exciting, today, Tuesday February 15th 2011 (strategically the day after Valentine's Day) is the first day with of the Raw Food Challenge!

So, we were supposed to test our pH levels today to see our level of acidity/alkalinity. BFF C described the process yesterday that we had to spit out a few times and then spit the third 'spit set' in a spoon and dip the testing paper in (lovely!). And she stressed that we had to do it before put anything into our mouths, no water, no anything.

So I woke up nice and bright and early this morning for bootycamp and brushed my teeth and came downstairs. Whoops, so much for not putting anything in my mouth – toothpaste counts! But it was okay because BFF C couldn't find the pH test papers anyway. So tomorrow it is.

Breakfast was raw muesli with almond milk, raw honey and strawberries. YUM!

I was feeling a little tired, at 10am but I'd been up for 5 hours. Where is this energy that was promised? I had to close my eyes for about 10 minutes and it made a difference.

I had a little bit of a headache today, probably from caffeine withdrawals because I was definitely hydrating myself well. Then again, I have 1-2 cups of coffee a day and then maybe a cup of tea and while that's probably not a high cafeine intake

I surprisingly haven’t been very hungry, I managed to eat only half my lunch (zucchini, carrot and tomatoes with a basil pesto) and dinner (I had a steering committee at home and BFF C made us all a bunch of Raw Food stuffs – red peppers stuffed with a yummy raw mixture. I tried not to look at the chips provided for the normal gals). Being okay with eating these small portions is very strange for me as one of my downfalls is the quick eating of large portions.

Day #1 was all in all fine. A little groggy and uncomfortable but nothing I couldn’t handle!

I think I am starting an obsession with cherry tomatoes!

I will set up more of a structured post about the diet and all the things related to it.

Have you ever tried to change your diet? How did you go?

Make it as you wish SSSs!
Arienne

Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...