Monday, July 18, 2011

Meet Zander..The New Love in My Life

SSSs, have I got someone to introduce you too! Meet the newest member of our family...introducing Zander!




Zander is now 14 weeks old and a pug x poodle x jack russell.

We got him from a rescue place in NSW - www.companionsforlife.com.au . The Man and I ideally wanted to adopt a dog if we found a suitable one. I've never had a puppy before so we wanted one that was relatively young. We looked in a couple of local stores and some private sales, met some lovely puppies (but some were $1300 or a little too nippy!), but when we went to meet Zander, we found he was the one.

He has give us soooooo much joy in the last 5 days. But also a bit of stress with trying to toilet train and get enough sleep. He's off to his first puppy pre-school tonight, so hopefully we'll be able to learn how to iron out some of the barking and separation stuff.

Charlie-bear, our 20 year old cat, isn't handling it so well! She's become a lot clingier and we're trying to introduce them slowly and give her as much love and attention as we can. Dad (who is still here visiting!) is making it up to her by giving her a load of tasty treats...

Being a pet owner is a big responsibility and you shouldn't go into it lightly. Look at your schedule, do your puppy care research. We all have a lot of love to give, but that has got to be backed up with enough time, care and attention to give your furry friends what they need - especiallly in those first few months!

I'm lucky enough to work from home and have a good support network which is why we thought it would be a good time to give him a home now. We've got a big holiday planned for Europe in about a year's time and already looking for doggy-sitters! Any takers?!?!?!?!?

Do you have furry friends? What's your experience with having them?

Make it as you wish SSSs!
Arienne xo

5 comments:

  1. Hi, WOW the things you find, thought I recognised that cute little black face from the companions for life ebsite! I am the owner of Zander's sister Holly (Previously Savannah)I am really happy Zander has found a loving home. Holly is very happy with us (spoilt rotten) and has given us so much joy,she has such a beautiful temperament and has become best friends with my cat, they sleep and play together, so cute and so much fun. I would post a picture only I can't seam to attach anything here she looks the same as Zander only black and white with a smooth coat. Do you know anything about the parents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cristie! Nice to meet you here! We met Savannah (Holly now!) when we went to meet Zander and I think we got Zander the same day you received her.

    So nice to hear it is working out so well. Our little one has been an absolute joy and also has a wonderful personality and temperament - how lucky we all are :) He is definitely being spoilt too. He loves the park and other dogs and we think he thinks he is a lot bigger than he actually is!

    No real progress for us on the cat front - so cute that your two get on so well! How old is your cat? You'll have to send me an email (address on the top right of this site) with a pic of the two of them. I had a look at the website and it looks like the third one in the litter - Boston - has been adopted too.

    All I know about their background is that one parent was a poodle and the other was a jack russell x pug and that they were surrendered in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dog nearly identical to yours. She was sold to me as Maltese x pug (but said wire haired maltese which I have never seen). She reminds me of more terrier cross pug like australian terrier or similar. Long legs and black-grey coloured, semi-smooth/very dry but thin coat with white chest mark.Curly tail. She was from Blue Mountains are and then sold to pet store in Newcastle area NSW. Cute as ever. Chases the cats so no different there. She is 3 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see a pic Anonymous! Zander keeps being mistaken for Hairy Mclairy when we go to the park. I think I have to brush up on that story to find out more so we can say it is him and make those kids happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...