Friday, March 22, 2013

Feeding Inspiration Into My World


What a way to start the day!

This morning, I kicked the day off with a dose of inspiration and connecting with like minds. Every month, Vibewire and the Powerhouse Museum put on FastBreak, a pre-work morning event and breakfast with 5 presenters speaking for 5 minutes on the month's topic.

Today was on the topic of Craft (close to my heart because of Life is Crafted!). It was five entrepreneurs discussing their take on Craft and Crafting. I always take something away from these sorts of events. Whether a re-determination to take action, a specific thing to do or inspiration to fuel my work and my being.

The pic above was of the first speaker, Rupal Ismin of Andable. Andable is a wonderful online marketplace with a difference - you can buy 'products directly from indie sellers in Australia and around the world. 
10% of every sale goes to fund a micro loan (or 'small business loan') to a person in need in a developing country.'
I've had my Andable account created for a while now, I just need to start stocking my shop there. This morning reminded me to get my Life is Crafted diaries and products organised so I can list them! Meeting Rupal after the presentation was also a treat. I am always interested in the people and personalities behind the scenes of businesses I'm drawn to.


Then I rounded it off with a coffee meeting with my weekly mastermind posse - two kickass women doing wonderful things in the world with their social enterprises. As one of them said - it was 40 minutes of Goosebump goodness going around. It is such an honour to have my path growing alongside theirs and to be along for the journey!

Sprinkling inspiration into your everyday is super important to keep you heading in the direction you want. The good news is that it is not hard to do. Here are 5 ideas:


  1. Find and attend events in your area that have inspiring speakers and attendees.
  2. Find a blog to read that inspires you to be or do more.
  3. Make a regular date with people in your world that uplift you.
  4. Take a walk and find the awe and wonder in the everyday things that surround you.
  5. Connect to your dreams and goals. Have a daily reminder of the why behind what you are doing to push you forward.

How do you feed inspiration into your world?

Make is as you wish,
Arienne

3 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC ADVICE YOU HAVE PROVIDED FOR MANY PEOPLE TO LEARN FROM YOUR SUGGESTION ABOUT GETTING LOAN FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS. I REALLY ENJOY READING THE NEWS AND GAIN ALOT FORM IT. THANKS FOR SHARING. HOPE TO SEE MORE HELPFUL TIPS FROM YOUR SITE.
    small business loan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Arienne! I just shared it with a dear friend via email, and always love to share it on Facebook as well. You are a wonderful woman and your advice continues to guide me through all the ups and downs.

    Lately, been connecting with music, especially rockabilly (The Tractors, BR549, etc.), swing and other upbeat ear candy that gets the bunz off the chair and the feet flyin' everywhere. Once the day starts out with those jives it's easy to smile and make other people feel happy and alive!

    Found that just listening to others really inspires them as they know that someone's genuinely hearing what they have to say and that gets them more in a mood to share. I love it! Today we did that just by going out and shopping.

    People say geez, he's disabled and you only make p/t minimum wage how can you be SO happy?! And I say How can we not? We're alive and the world is a wonderful place to be...c'mon dance, sing and smile along with me! Money is not what defines, attitude is and it's catchy! Reminds me of the pay it forward and the butterfly effect, your one smile is caught and passed on until it moves around the world and everyone catches the happy!! :-)

    Huggzatcha! Have a slammin' great day!
    Sincerely,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're wonderful attitude is really shining through Crystal! You totally have the right perspective - not everything is 'great' in my life but I'm the happiest I've ever been. Everyday I choose to be happy and see the good in the world - it is not always easy - but I find when I catch myself focussing on the negative I can often stop and turn things around.

    Actively looking for inspiration and connecting with people that make life bigger can help so much with this.

    Thank you for your kind words :) I really appreciate it. I'm so glad that sharing my journey and perspectives and struggles and inspirations is having an impact.

    Warm regards to you Crystal,
    Arienne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...